Friday, June 24, 2011

I am Mom.

The past month or so has been extremely rough on me. The girls got a cold at the beginning of June that hung around for over ten days. Coughing, snot, and more Vick's Baby Rub than I care to mention.
Since this spring-time cold (and seriously, are not spring and summer colds worse than their winter and fall counterparts?) we have had serious sleep issues with the youngest of the Price clan. Sarah, while not the world's best sleeper, usually made it until around 4:30 or 5:00 every morning...maybe getting up once to be either comforted or nursed. For the past three, almost four weeks, I'm lucky if one hour goes by through the night where my eyes are shut and no one is crying, nursing, or squirming. It's been a little rough, but I am Mom, and I will survive.

Lack of sleep makes a person do all kinds of crazy things. Today, I ordered a new lens.

I debated and debated after having rented the glorious 24-70L. I LOVE that lens. It's nothing short of outstanding. I promptly listed all of my lenses for sale to fund the purchase of my first L lens.
This has been my plan for several days. Finally, I've acquired enough money to buy, and I've changed my mind.




Above photos taken with the Canon 24-70L

After all of the thought, the debating, the dreaming. I've decided to pass.
Which one did I choose, you ask? It's a nail biter, isn't it?!

Instead, the glorious 100L will be mine in just a few short days!

This decision makes Sarah all kinds of happy. See?!
Oh yeah, I am Mom. And I get to call that gorgeous face my daughter. I love her. I love them both.

While I almost passed out while pressing buy at Adorama.com, I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and I can't wait to use it to capture more moments like these:

That is my Grandmother. I love her so. She's made such a positive impact in the lives of so many. She is a wonderful example of Mom, Grandma, Sister, Aunt, Great-Grandmother...we are so thankful for such a wonderful woman.

I love being able to capture fleeting moments with my camera (and lenses!). My girls will have the above pictures forever. I want them to know how much Great-Grandma loves them. To be honest, that alone softens the blow of the large chunk of change I just spent.

All Moms need a break. Tonight, this Mom and my Mom will be heading out for dinner and shopping. It'll be a well-deserved break. :) And before it's time to head home, I'll find myself itching to return to my girls. My loves.
Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Your girls are so sweet! I love how happy Sarah is in the exersaucer pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new lens, can't wait to see how you like it! You're girls are precious and here's hoping you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their matching outfits, adorable! And awesome pictures too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be happy with the 100L. It is a beautiful lens, and your daughter seems very happy about your choice too. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely precious! The eyes and curls in the first one are adorable. The first one of your girls just melts my heart and the ones with your girls and grandma are just beautiful. Gorgeous photos and such wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "anticipation" shots / nailbiter and the happy faces after you share your lens decision. How fun! Now I am looking forward to the new post with your 100mm photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are gorgeous! I love the nail biter photo, especially, and can't wait to see what comes from the 100!

    ReplyDelete