Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lillies.

My Mom picked up a few lillies last year to plant in her rock garden. She wasn't totally sure they would thrive, so she bought three in different colors.
Can I just say that not only are they thriving, they are GORGEOUS! The colors alone are enough to take your breath away.
While I've never thought I'd truly enjoy macro photography (not that I've really even scratched the surface), I was actualy pretty into getting these shots, and I contorted my body into positions it hadn't seen since high school. No, really. The landscaping rocks aren't the most comfy thing to sink down into, but I think it was worth the discomfort to get "the shot".




This has unfortunately made me want yet another lens...the 100mmL...and with a price tag over $1000, it'll be a little while until it's mine. Plus, there are a few others that I just have to have first. Looks like I have a lot of saving to do!
In the meantime, I opted for a set of extension tubes. They'll allow me to get a little more up close and personal with flowers and such without the hefty price tag of a designated macro lens. So, for several hundred dollars less, I'll be able to get a little closer to the image I'm shooting for...no pun intended...if that even applies here. ;)

I'm currently renting the glorious 24-70L ::swoon:: and have been playing around with it since it arrived yesterday. I haven't had it out enough and am feeling a tiny bit of guilt that instead of dragging the kids outside this morning to shoot, I've been inside washing the 3+ baskets of laundry, dusting, and cleaning. We are having a FHGI meeting here tonight, so I guess it needed to be done. Having kids sure does involve a lot more preparation! Between spilled juice, the multitude of crumbs that find their way between my couch cushions and embedded into my carpeting, to the drip of ketchup that Hannah flung onto the wall...never a dull moment here!
I'll post some pictures I've taken with the glorious 24-70L as soon as I can! I can't wait to really spend some time outdoors to see what it can do!

1 comment:

  1. Love the vivid colors, and the bokeh on #4 is lovely!

    ReplyDelete