Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fun in the Sun

It's only Saturday, but we've already got a lot of outdoor activity under our belt...and we still have the rest of the long, 4th of July weekend!
My new, gorgeous, dreamy 100L arrived on Wednesday and I've been outside testing it out since!
I am now addicted to the L quality and hope to someday fill my bag exclusively with L glass. It is true that there is a definite quality difference between L glass and "regular" glass.
The 100L is tight indoors, but if I'm positioned just right, I can still get the shot!



Two things about the above images...there is absolutely no consistency in color whatsoever...and secondly, high ISO's DO NOT like my 50D. Eh, such is life, right?

The weather was warm enough to head out to the pool yesterday evening. Hannah sported her new bikini, and I tried editing a little warmer...I don't like it. I definitely prefer a cooler edit, but it was worth a try! Opinions? Thoughts? Advice?

And, cooler edits:


Hannah's rockin' her pony tail!

After a long morning, we ventured back outside today to enjoy the pool. This time, Sarah joined in on the fun!

Two measuring cups in your mouth is always better than one!


Hannah enjoyed "fwimming" and splashing Sarah and making her cry...



And just for kicks, Micah:

and one more of Sarah:

I am LOVIN' my new lens! There really is nothing like good glass! :)
Warning: Gross bug macros to follow soon! ;)
If I don't post again, Happy 4th of July!

10 comments:

  1. so adorable!! i love that first cooler edit of hannah - what a little model! yay to new glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous girls!! Congrats on the new L glass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the "L" lens! Looking forward to the "gross" bug macros. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the L lens. I have to say that I think I prefer the warmer edit, but maybe some place in between the warm and the cool edits would be best. Both of your daughters have beautiful smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are so precious! Enjoy the 100L, it's an amazing lens! I agree with Barbara about the edits. I think the warm one is just a little too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new lens! I've had mine for over a month now, and I still have to shout "I LOVE this lens!!" every time I take a picture with it :) L glass is definitely addictive.

    Your girls are so beautiful. I really love your cooler edits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are adorable! Enjoy the new glass. I've been dreaming of someday owning some L's. I do like the warmer edit. I also tend to edit to the cooler side but have been working on warming things up lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pony tail pic - her eyes are lovely (you do a great job with eyes in all of these).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The measuring cups shots are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos with your new 100L. I love that your are getting creative and using it indoors.
    I love the second photo of Sarah. She is so cute!

    The warmer edit of Hannah looks more eye-catching. I agree with Barbara with finding somewhere in between, but closer to the warmer color. I tend to edit cool, too.

    ReplyDelete