Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We began decorating our home indoors and out last week, and although we still don't have it exactly as I've imagined, it's getting close. A new mantel will be installed tonight, so stockings and garland will be arranged within the next few days. I can't wait.

We've been a bit under the weather here the past few days, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to document our wintry transformation, so these few will have to do. We seem to be on the mend, so hopefully I'll be able to continue decorating and documenting very soon. :)
Speaking of being under the weather, I can't comment on that and not on how absolutely wonderful my husband has been. The girls have been sick, and between stuffy noses, sneezes, coughing, vomiting, and being up all night, he has been fabulous. He not only made us homemade tortilla soup yesterday after pulling an all-nighter running Hannah to the bathroom, but he cleaned the whole kitchen up afterwards as well. I seriously couldn't ask for a better man. I love him.

The girls have been enamored with our tree...



We've been spending a lot of time in our living room by the tree in the evenings.

We're raising two musicians...

This is the best I could do of our tree. I know the picture is really crooked. I promise that was me and not my house. ;) I am blaming it on the fact that my head felt as though it were floating several feet from my body, but we all know that probably didn't have much to do with it...;)

Lastly, my kitchen. We've skimped on the decorations in our family room/kitchen area, but I'm hoping to fix that tonight. ;)


Merry Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment