Friday, September 23, 2011

First day of Fall.

September 23rd marks the end of summer and the beginning of another season...fall. All too soon, the leaves will change to gorgeous shades of deep reds, oranges, and browns. The sunny, 70-something degree days will turn to a slightly less warm version.

The past week or so has been rainy, cold, and dark. We waited for a break in the clouds and a boost in the temperature so we could squeeze in every last bit of summer that was left.

Yesterday boasted sunny skies and high's in the mid seventies. We soaked up the last day of summer by lounging in the grass, coloring with chalk in the driveway, and blowing bubbles into the evening sky. It was splendid.

Everything is changing. The seasons, the weather, my girls.
Hannah was singing into a dandelion stem while Sarah tried to swipe it out of her hands.

Hannah had her 30 month check up yesterday. Each visit to the pediatrician's office reminds me once more of why I absolutely hate to go. I can't expect any different from my girls. That place is crawling with germs, dirty kids (with no shoes!), and a million other things I'd rather not be exposed to. Nonetheless, Hannah checked out just fine, weighing in at just over 24 pounds. They told me she grew in heigth as well, but no one bothered to tell me exactly how much.
After a shot, a Tweety bandaid, and three stickers, we headed home.

Sarah showed off her FIRST tooth (top left!) in all it's glory...


This is by far my favorite picture of Sarah to date! Thanks to Hannah for making her laugh THIS hard!! ::swoon::

I hate to see summer end, but I'm excited for what the next season holds for my family! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! My girls are so beautiful! Thanks for capturing such "priceless" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those last two are so great! what a sweet post of the sisters :)

    ReplyDelete