Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hard work pays off.

When we bought our house this past December, we knew it needed some work. Paint, updates, a few repairs here and there, a leveled patio with a french drain...

Work has begun on that new omni stone patio...
Thanks for all you do, Dad.

We let Hannah be a kid and play in the dirt, rocks, and sand which led to two bubble baths that day.

Nikki stopped for a quick visit before heading back home to Ohio.
Hannah loves her.
I am happy to report that our patio is thisclose to being finished. :)

We celebrated a momentous event at 8:59 the morning of the patio renovation...





...a certain someone turned eight months old. My heart hurt a little. I want my babies to grow, thrive, mature as they should. I want to experience every life stage with them. But I want to freeze time, too. They'll only be this little once.
As I waited for the clock to flip from 8:58 to 8:59am, I closed my eyes to better picture where we were that exact moment just eight months ago. I can't tell you how much I love them. How my heart has swelled with love for them daily from the moment I knew they existed.




Raising and loving a child (or two!) isn't easy. It's hard work. But nothing worth having comes easily. Hard work pays off.


I love watching them grow.


I love watching them discover...


I love to love them.



They teach me to love deeper by loving each other.

And that if you fall, all you have to do is get back up again.

And that no matter what is going on, to smile.



Never give up.

Never lose faith.

Never stop believing.

Hard work always pays off.



:) Enjoy your loved ones.

1 comment: