Friday, August 24, 2012

It's Friday.

I never promised to have a witty title for my posts. I seem to be lacking greatly in the creativity department these days. I'll chalk that up to pregnancy brain and hope that some of it returns after baby is born in a few weeks. ;) We had our retaining wall replaced, so we had a crew of men at our home for two weeks. The girls loved looking out the windows to watch them work, and I'd occasionally hear Hannah yell, "Way to go, guys! You're doing a great job!" I love that she's so encouraging! On Tuesday, we decided to bake the crew some cookies. We had learned about our eyes, ears, and nose in school that morning, so I thought it would be a great way to further illustrate what each of those body parts did through baking. We used our eyes to read the recipe, our ears to listen for the timer to go off, and our nose to smell them baking! It was a great experience, and I'm happy to report that when I reviewed everything with her today, she could recall what each body part did! I'm so proud of her! I edited this whole set a bit differently than I normally would, and I'm still not sure how I like them, but naptime isn't that long, so I left them as is.
I always let the girls lick the beaters...even though I know Micah wouldn't approve! ;)
After our cookies were done baking, and after we had each sampled one, Sarah was ready for a rest.
Wednesday, I had a doctor's appointment. My blood pressure and weight are still great, but I still need to monitor my blood sugar and watch my diet. I've been having a lot of contractions and low back pain lately, so the doctor advised me that I need to take it a bit easier to ensure baby Noah stays put for at least another 4 1/2 weeks. While it's not exactly what I wanted to hear, I will do whatever it takes to keep him safe and healthy until his birthday. Per doctor's orders, I rested while the girls napped.
Micah started painting Noah's room.
We've decided on a sage green and a grayish blue to match his nautical bedding set. I can't wait until everything comes together in there. Each stage of repurposing of that room makes me more excited to meet him! Thursday, I completely forgot to get my camera out until after dark. We had been so busy throughout the day. We had just come inside after going to inspect what had been done with our retaining wall, and I happened to see Hannah lean in for a kiss after Micah helped get their shoes off. So sweet!
And Friday... School time this morning:
Sarah doesn't have true assignments, but she loves to be a part of the action, so I find little things for her to work on as Hannah completes her school work. ;)
Two weeks of studies...we learned our colors and shapes, and parts of the body. Most of it was review, but Hannah learned how to color in the lines and trace with a crayon. :)
After school, we played and watched as the crew cleaned and packed up their equipment. Our retaining wall is finished! Although we didn't plan to replace it for another year or so, I'm glad it's done and we won't have to worry about railroad ties falling into our driveway. Sarah ran off with my lens cap and used it as a cup.
Sarah did eventually give the lens cap back. ;)
And then she ran off with the giraffe. haha
Hannah decided she needed to wear her princess nightgown. I told her she couldn't, so she took it upon herself to put it on.
Too funny!
Well, naptime will be over soon, and I suppose I should work on some wedding pics. I am pleased to report that I am finished with wedding number one, and am 3/4 of the way through wedding number two. I'm getting so close to being done! Woohoo! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment