Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A little of this, a little of that.

Saturday morning, the girls and I posed for pictures. I remembered that I had bought a wireless remote a few months back and had never used it, so I grabbed it to take a few shots. I am choosing not to post the ones with me in them because frankly, a 35mm, somewhat wide angle lens and a 33 week pregnant mama don't exactly mix. I am glad that I have them for me to view, though, because it is a rare occasion that I actually make it into a picture. I've been thinking of this lately and would like for my children to know that I was present when they look back, so, I plan on using the remote more often, even if it yields less than desirable results for me right now.

Hannah and Sarah had a blast pushing the button on the wireless remote and hearing the shutter click. They'd dash over to the camera to see what they had captured. So cute!

Unfortunately, Saturday night resulted in a trip to L&D with me hooked up to a fetal monitor. I have been having contractions on and off since about 28 weeks, but they have become more frequent, regular, and uncomfortable over the past two weeks. Saturday evening, I had contractions anywhere from 3-5 minutes apart for an hour. After a few contractions that were 1 1/2 minutes apart, I made the decision to call the doctor. As I expected, I was instructed to head right to the hospital.

After three shots of Brethine, my contractions finally stopped and I was allowed to go home. I have to say that I hope I never need another shot of that stuff ever again. I was shaky, nauseas, and my heart rate topped off at 140+ beats per minute for a good three hours. I felt miserable, sick, and exhausted. Thankfully, though, the medicine did what it was supposed to do and Noah is still baking.;)

Sunday morning was church, then home for lunch and a nap. We finished the evening off with some ice cream from Gram and Pap.
I, of course, had to make myself the smallest cone known to man...which in turn sent my blood sugar to 160. Fabulous! It appears as though this insulin resistance persists. After a cone, Hannah followed Micah upstairs to "help" him paint Noah's room. Little did I know that she would be painting as well!
We have two more walls to be painted, then it'll be time to bring all of Noah's furniture in and start organizing his closet and drawers. We are getting so close! Seven weeks or less until we meet our little man!

Monday, we were back into our normal routine. Hannah started her third week of preschool. We learned about the letter "A", what sound it makes, and even met a new "friend" to help us remember. Alexander Alligator, the green finger puppet, has joined our family, and Hannah has not put him down since. Thank goodness I photocopied the page of her workbook. I have a feeling Alexander won't last long, and I'll be happy to have a way to replace him when he makes a trip to the trash can.

I'm happy to report that he's still intact. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment