Monday, January 10, 2011

Some semblance of normalcy.

That's right. We're getting back into the "swing of things" here. We're settling in and welcoming our new family dynamic. Life's rolling along, and we're just following it's lead.
The girls are doing wonderfully. Hannah is adjusting to her big sister status with little more than an occasional meltdown. I'm so proud of her. She hasn't regressed in any way, and for that I am grateful!
Sarah is also doing well. She's not as good a sleeper as Hannah was at this age, but she's getting there! I think she's going through a growth spurt, because the last few nights, she's been up almost every two hours to eat. I don't mind it. Once I rub the sleep from my eyes and see her little face, I'm instantly overjoyed and cherish the late-night bonding we have. Just the two of us.
In other, less exciting news, I've lost close to 20 pounds! Not too shabby for 12 days post-partum! I still have quite a ways to go (at least another 20 pounds and a LOT of toning and re-shaping) but I'm on my way. I don't let it get to me. I definetly won't be spending my precious time off with my girls worrying about weight loss. ;)
I did take a ton of pictures over the last several days, but I've had neither the time nor the motivation to get them from the camera to the computer. Eventually I'll be in the mood and upload them to my blog. Perhaps today, if both girls nap simultaneously, and if I don't feel the urge to do the same, I'll upload.
There is so much I want to get done. I have photography books to be read, pictures to take, a blanket to sew for Sarah, a blanket to finish crocheting, decorating the new house, and not to mention cleaning, laundry, cooking...etc. The list goes on, as it always does.
We got a lot done yesterday, as we were expecting company. Pictures were hung in their designated spots, carpets were vaccuumed, floors were swept, furniture was dusted, and bathrooms were cleaned. We got several more boxes unpacked, and the ones we didn't get to were placed away in our fourth bedroom where they will be out of sight.
And that's about all I have time for right now. Hannah is reading her ABC book and "Mama-ing" me to high heaven. She wants to know what every picture is. I guess I'll tend to my motherly duties and help her out..;)

1 comment:

  1. Pardon the mis-spelled words. Contrary to popular belief, I DO know how to spell
    "vacuumed" and "definitely". ;)

    ReplyDelete