Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My "To-Do" List...

Unfortunately, there will be no pictures today. I have about three hundred pictures that I need to upload onto the computer and I haven't had the time to do it. Well, I have had the time, but our Toshiba laptop has been less than cooperative. It's frozen, shut down, ran slowly, exhibited the "blue screen of death", and gotten on my nerves far too many times the last few days. We are in the market for an iMac (yay!!) and plan to upgrade sometime this month. I can not wait to have a real desktop once again. It's been two years!
Today has been rather productive, and I'm quite proud of it! Hannah's 2nd birthday is next month (sniff sniff) and I hadn't planned a thing for it until today. I waited too long last year and ended up spending double what I should have because things needed rushed shipping to arrive. I'm not making that mistake this year!
I've decided our theme will be "Winnie the Pooh". It was a tough call between that and Mickey Mouse, but I figured Pooh is a tad more "babyish" and this may be our only chance to use this theme. I'm pretty sure she'll still be into Mickey for her third birthday.
I went online and found a few things I liked on Birthday Express. I got a tablecloth, cake topper, a mylar balloon, and birthday invitations with the Pooh theme. Everything is adorable, was on sale, and should be here by the 17th. I'm way ahead of the game.
This whole process than got me thinking about her birthday outfit. Last year I found an adorable tutu set with a "1" onesie and hairbow. Although it was cute, it was expensive and she only wore it once. I have intentions to pull it out and let her play dress up with it, but I'm not even sure the tutu will fit around her waist. I suppose I'll be saving it for Sarah's first birthday.
I bought a sewing machine last year that has embroidery capabilities, and I'm interested in learning applique as well. I'm planning on making Hannah's birthday shirt this year. I found some awesome deals at Joann's online, scoring several yards of colorful fabric for $1.99 a yard. Awesome! With that, I also got my interfacing, stabilizer for embroidery, some new dressmaker's shears, pinking shears, embroidery scissors, and all with free shipping and $30 off. Not too shabby! I'm so excited to get started as soon as all of my new craft stuff arrives!
Other than internet shopping, there wasn't too much else that was accomplished. Notice a trend?! The house somehow remains somewhat organized from the little I fit in at night when Micah gets home from work. As long as there aren't dishes piling up in the sink and our bathrooms are clean, I'm okay with a little being out of place for the time being.
Well, I'm off to relax with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment