Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Short on creativity...

Being stuck in the house for over a month is definitely cramping my creative style. I've taken more pictures of my kids in the last few days than I think I've taken of Hannah the past year. I can't venture outside, even for a few minutes, so there isn't much to photograph nature-wise...minus a few house plants that are quite possibly on their last leg. I never said I had a green thumb!
I stuck my camera lens as close to the glass on the window as I could without interfering with the focus to sneak a quick pic of the ice that has molded its way around our bush. That stupid thing needs cut down to next to nothing to make it look half decent...but I didn't so much mind it today, as it's grown close to the window making it a little easier to sneak a shot! Just for the record, we didn't allow the bush to get overgrown...as you know if you've been following my blog, we have recently moved and inherited a TON of repairs on our new home...including but certainly not limited to landscape maintenance...which the previous owners obviously knew nothing of.
Yes, this picture is overexposed...

I feel rather accomplished today as well. I got up, made the bed, got Hannah dressed, her hair done, and her teeth brushed before Micah left for work. I also have chicken cattiatore simmering in the crock pot for dinner. Not too shabby, since it's only a little after 1:00 in the afternoon. Other plans for today? Perhaps I'll vacuum and sweep, and maybe, just maybe I'll have the motivation to do a load of laundry. Probably not. I'm not making any promises.
We've watched Beauty and the Beast twice today while playing with a Little People dollhouse and our Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning Home. Hannah enjoys standing on it and performing daring stunts that usually result in boo-boos. Still fun, though. There has been a lot of laughter here today. She's a silly girl! I love it!
Sarah is quite content in her baby swing at the moment. With a full belly, a receiving blanket, and a little background noise courtesy of our swing, she's set! I love that girl so much, words can't describe. How do you describe a mother's love?
My best friend (since the first day of Kindergarten!) is expecting her first child in May. I don't think I've ever been so excited for something (other than the arrival of my own children).
Today I went to her registry and ordered her gift. I can't wait to see her as a mother. I know she'll be so great. I'm so excited for her to feel her heart swell to a million times it's normal size when she holds her baby for the first time. It'll be such a grand day...and I'm so glad I get to witness it! You really don't know how much you can love until you hold your newborn baby for the first time. And just when you think you can't possibly love anymore, you do. It's never ending, and it's wonderful.

Me holding Hannah

Both of my girls
It certainly is a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment