Friday, August 5, 2011

Card Dump.

I love finding a memory card in my camera bag. I love it even more when I find that I've forgotten to upload it's contents. It's like finding a gem. A day's memories all but forgotten...then rediscovered when uploaded to the computer.
Today I found two cards...both holding treasures from several days ago.
Lunch is always fun
I love my pink kitchen (totally kidding) because it creates the most horrific color casts on my subjects when I bounce my flash off of it's walls. This girl was too lazy to mess with the white balance, etc. to get the color improved on the above images.

I found an awesome chair on Craigslist that I scored for $10. It's a vintage (I'm guessing circa 1950's or 60's??) wooden chair that I used for a senior shoot I did last week. Hannah was my model while I tested it out!
Sarah sat in the family room just taking it all in...
I know she's mine, but seriously...how cute is she?!

End of 4gb card...beginning of 8gb card...
Aha...I knew these pictures were somewhere! Alas, I have found them...on the 8gb card that was hiding in my purse.

Sarah fell asleep on my Dad last week at our FHGI meeting. I guess the soothing sound of her Daddy playing the guitar and singing was relaxing enough for a quick catnap. Needless to say by the look on his face, Pap was melted by his girl. Seriously, love...distortion and all.

After worship that night, we ventured outside to watch the amazing awesome firework show that our neighbors put on every year. Seriously...the grand finale probably cost them more than my car...
All hand-held at very low shutter speeds...because I was too slow and lazy to get my tripod...
P.S. Composition? What is that?! :wink:
I could kick myself, though. I had adorable pictures of Hannah and Sarah watching the fireworks...being passed from person to person to catch the best view. Unfortunately, I didn't upload those pictures and went to my senior shoot without an empty card...I had to pick one to empty, so it was the one with those pictures on them. That ought to teach me a lesson to upload my pictures after every day. I'm sorry to have lost them. :(
But, I must say that Hannah greatly enjoyed her first fireworks show, and still talks about them. "Fireworks go BOOM BOOM!" She says.

Completely out of focus, but it's a Mom shot of Sarah, and I love it. She's chewing on a piece from their medical kit...future doctor? Still not sure. ;)

And...I found Hannah this ADORABLE shirt at the mall a few weeks ago. The smallest size they had was a 3T (and my girl is 22 pounds at 2 years...so that's a stretch) but I bought it and decided I'd make it work!
Not only does it fit, she loves it! And really, how much more perfect could it be?!
Although she likes her camera shirt, she does eventually grow tired of my camera in her face...
Proof that you can still get yucky pinlights in your eyes with a speedlite. This was a result of the overhead lights in our hallway.
Hiding in Sarah's room.
Behind the curtain in the spare bedroom.
Random bathtime picture. Excuse the food on her face.
My little bookworm...

New seamless is "Out for Delivery" today! Yay! Thank you, Amazon gift card! Prepare yourself for what I'm sure will be an obnoxiously long seamless post within the week!

I currently have a child under the desk at my feet and one napping in the swing. I keep wondering where my computer mouse is off to, only to find Hannah pulling the "fwing" (string) under the desk.
Best to be done before equipment is damaged!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment