Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Futile Attempts at "DITL"

DITL = Day in the Life. You're supposed to capture your day from start to finish. I always have such good intentions for this, then forget, or don't get up with the girls (Micah usually does this if it's been a rough night with Noah)and I miss the start to their day.

Noah works on tummy time daily and he's getting pretty good, although it does frustrate him a bit, I think.

I love how serious and annoyed he looks in this picture. I can almost envision him as a teenager giving me this same look. Oh gosh, I can't even think about that. I want to keep them little forever.
During the course of the day, we have multiple messes that I try to keep on top of. Lately, the girls have created a new game of dumping everything out of the toy box in the living room and climbing inside. :twitch:
Consequently, this is the state of my living room for several hours of the day. Notice the wreck on the bookshelf as well.
Look at Hannah's face, though. They do have so much fun, so I try to not look at the mess and let them have fun, although there are days that I fail miserably at this and get frustrated that my house is in a constant state of disrepair.
I try to remind myself that messes will be there to clean forever, but my babies won't always be babies. It's still hard to put into perspective some days, but that little reminder definitely helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment