Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas here

Ahhhh. As I sat in my new dining room this morning, sipping a cup of coffee out of my Eeyore mug, I realized how blessed we are this Christmas.
What looked bleak and like we had no hope turned into a wonderful thing. Yes, we are enjoying our new home, and there is so much to enjoy here.
Our move was trying. Most of our help canceled on us last minute, most likely due to the short notice we were able to provide. Last Saturday, Micah, my Dad, my brother, my Mom, and two close family friends moved all of our belongings from our little house to our new house. It was a long two days, as we continued to move into Sunday evening.
After the exhaustion wore away, we started unpacking and planning the set up of each room in our new home. Although our two spare bedrooms upstairs are packed with things that haven't found a home yet, our family, living, dining rooms and kitchen are beginning to look quite settled. Our bedroom, as well as Hannah's, are pretty much put together and looking quite perfect to me.
There is a lot of things we want to do here to make it our own. But even as I look around and take mental notes of the things that we'd like to work on, I can't believe how much this place feels like home. And it did from the first night we stayed here. It is perfect.
I thought I'd be very emotional about locking the doors on our old house...we'd spent our first five years of marriage there. We brought our first baby home there. Hannah took her first steps there. We have so many good memories. But I have to say that when we had our final goodbye, I was ready to lock the door behind me and not look back. I'm ready for new things. Ready to move forward and start fresh in a new house where we can make new memories. Where our new baby will take her first steps. Where Hannah will also experience many firsts. This is our new family home. And I am so well pleased. We are very blessed.

And it's Christmas...and we have snow on the ground, and a light snow continues to fall. It's beautiful. I can't remember the last time we've had a true White Christmas! I'm so excited!
This Christmas is going to be special. I know it. Our Hannah is in LOVE with our tree and can name the bulbs, bells, pine cones, and apples that are hung on it. She points out the "tar" (star) and tells us about the "tee" daily. I put the presents out today, and she's very intrigued by the colorful boxes and bows. Tomorrow morning is going to be amazing. And the best part? We can drive 30 seconds down the road to my Mom's for presents and Christmas morning breakfast tomorrow!
In baby news, there isn't any. Baby #2 has decided to remain cozy and warm through the holidays. Contractions have stopped, and I've experienced little more than a Braxton Hicks over the last few days. I suppose she is waiting until after Christmas. Although I wanted her here for the holidays, I'm glad that (as of right now!) I will be home tomorrow with my baby to watch her enjoy her second Christmas.
Oh, life is so sweet!

I've been seriously slacking on the picture taking the last few days, as my camera has been in forty-seven different places in both my new house and my Mom's. The battery is half-dead and I've been afraid to use it and forget to recharge in the event our baby decides to make her grand debut. I don't want to be without a camera!
I think I'll scurry around the house here in a few and grab a few quick shots of the tree and some of our new favorite spots in our new home.
Enjoy, and have a Blessed Christmas!


P.S. There is more time here...

No comments:

Post a Comment