Thursday, April 21, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

I am the queen of all things random. My mind is always in a million places at once. Am I saying I'm scatterbrained? Not quite. I am very capable of holding down my thoughts long enough to focus on the task at hand. But when I'm not working, when I'm sitting at home on the couch with my girls, or lying awake at night nursing Sarah, I can let my mind go to the zillion different places.
I can easily relate to the dog from the movie, Up. I haven't seen the movie, but the commercial that played repeatedly while the movie was in theatres shared a bit of the dog's character. In the middle of introducing himself, he catches sight of an animal and quickly turns his head yelling, "Squirrel!" Yep, that's me. I find myself thinking of everything else while in the middle of one thing. Does that even make sense?
I'm not bothered by this, as I've been this way my entire life. Perhaps it goes along with creativity? I'm always thinking of things I want to create, to write, to capture with the camera. I don't see it as a bad thing. I'll take it as a blessing.
I'm okay with it. Life's a little random. For instance, Micah headed to Costco for a few items. He left the box of goods in the entry way for me to put away as he headed off to work. As usual, I let it sit in the hallway until he came home that evening. Upon further inspection, I realized the large can of parmesan cheese was missing. Where did it go, you ask?
Who would have thought to look in a boot?

In between hiding parmesan cheese in unlikely places, we like to raid the pantry.


Yes, that is plastic wrap. Yikes.

We like to color.
And sometimes that means we color on our baby dolls.
Turns out, baby now has some nice artwork on the bottom of her foot.

We lounge around in the living room where we get all the good sunlight.

Come evening, we migrate to the family room to hang out. Hannah likes to run through the kitchen.
This was taken right before I turned my back...and then found the plastic wrap, pantry raid issue.

We jump in the dining room.

Our days may be random, but I wouldn't trade it...not one mess, not one smile.

We welcome random. :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are amazing! I love the captured moments. It makes me feel as if I never missed them. I love you.

    ReplyDelete