Saturday, April 2, 2011

Full weekend.

It's been quite busy in our household over the past few days. I decided I'd make a third attempt to potty train Hannah. We're still undecided on the success of this venture, which kind of means it isn't working out so well. The girl understands the concept, knows what we are saying and what we are asking of her, but just doesn't want to take the time to actually do it.
After chasing her around for two days and having her sit on the potty more than she did anything else, I think I'm calling it a fail and moving on. We'll try again this summer when I'm off from work...right? I'm not giving up entirely. I'm still going to put her on the potty multiple times per day. She does well some of the time, so I don't want to lose ground.
Potty training makes for some interesting fashion statements.
She is the "one sock wonder child".
Although I was admittedly frustrated and stressed by this whole potty training endeavor, Hannah was none worse for wear.

And when I ask her if she has to go potty?
She politely responds, "Nope!" And then continues on with what she was doing.
Notice the blanket on the chair. At this point, we had put her in big girl underwear. To avoid a potential furniture disaster, we placed a barrier between her and our armchair.

In other news, I actually went out on Saturday. Hannah stayed with Gram and Pap, and I brought Sarah along for the ride. We met up with my childhood friend, Brittanie, at a local restaurant for breakfast.
Sarah is THE BEST baby. We sat and talked and ate for over an hour as Sarah watched and listened from her carseat in the booth beside me. She ate once, took a quick snooze, and cooed and gahed at everyone and anyone who gave her attention.
Afterwards, we all headed to Target for some groceries. Sarah had had enough of this outing by this point, so I hurried to grab my items and headed home to Hannah.
Sarah was happy to be home.


The girls napped and I played.

We are currently hanging out in the famiy room. Micah got our desktop set up in our living room so that I can edit pictures during the day if I find myself with a few extra minutes.
Micah is re-rolling dough in the kitchen. We are trying out a recipe for apricot fig bars from a fellow blogger, Nici, over at Dig This Chick. Unfortunately, both Micah and I read the recipe incorrectly the first time and are trying it again. Hopefully we'll have a tasty fig bar to taste before 1:00 tomorrow morning.
Although we completely anihilated the crust, the filling sure looks good! (This was pre-puree, if you were wondering.)
I wish I had a picture of the finisehd product. Hopefully tomorrow.
If you'd like this recipe, please visit Dig this Chick's Apricot Fig Bar recipe.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely captures. What an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. So I debated admitting that my oldest will be for in May and she was VERY difficult to potty train. I started before my second child was born and we kept stopping and starting a new. My daughters pediatrician said not to start until she was two so even when she was ready before that I wouldn't let it happen. Silly me. Well, in the end she is potty trained (still with accidents! Yes..still) But all is well that ends well. Take a deep breathe. It wont get any easier if you both hate training! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete