Monday, January 23, 2012

Ooooh, Monday...

...how you sneak up on me every week and leave me sad and disappointed that the weekend is officially over. :(
When I looked outside this morning to see terrential downpours and strong winds, I dreaded the drive to work and the walk from my car into the building. Needless to say, I prevailed against the nasty weather and had a decent start to my week.

This weekend, we had more appropriate weather for January, so we took advantage of a gorgeous blanket of Saturday snow and ventured outside.

It's amazing to me how much more independent Hannah is this year than last year. She's able to trudge through the knee-deep (to her!) snow and pull a sled, as well as make snow angels with some help!
Oh yes, and she learned to throw snow. She eventually got the hang of it and realized that throwing it up in the air didn't always end well...

Sarah wasn't too thrilled with being bundled to the point of being immobile, and she certainly wasn't a fan of her first trip down the hill on the sled which ended with a face plant right into a snow drift, but she did pose for a few pictures!


After sled riding at Gram and Pap's:

Then Daddy came home from work and the girls told him all about their adventures in the snow that afternoon.

I ordered Hannah a booster seat this past week, as Sarah has been slowly outgrowing her infant car seat for a few months and will need a convertible car seat very soon. We decided to move Sarah to Hannah's convertible car seat and get Hannah a booster seat that can grow with her for several years. No worries, it's a five point harness system, so she'll continue to be safe and sound on all of our outings. ;)
It arrived this afternoon in a huge box, perfect for playing.



This face cracks me up!

Sarah decided she had had enough and proceeded to climb out:

It was a good thing Daddy was close-by to ease her fall!

Just for kicks...aren't these soft, wispy curls just delicious?!


Lastly, for the sake of only doing one blog post tonight, my entry for the ABC challenge. This week, the letter was "D"...
D is for downward dog.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment