Saturday, March 5, 2011

I've got you pinned!

We had our property surveyed and pinned yesterday after a few encounters with the neighbor's dog...and junk. It just so happens that their ratty old trampoline is in fact on my property, and their mean dog has also been doing his business all.over.my.yard.
The two men were here for over three hours measuring, and using a bunch of equipment that I've never seen before. I stalked them through the family room and kitchen windows as they worked. And Hannah? She thought they were "Daddy". What can you do?
We now have a half dozen or more "pins" sticking out of the ground labeled with a bright orange flag that simply states "Prop Line". Not so discreet, as the minute our neighbors arrived home from work, they spotted it.
I plan to take pictures as soon as the rain lets up, just in case someone decides they don't like where the property line really is. You know, in case they don't want their dog pooping in their yard, cause, you know, it's just easier to let someone else clean up the mess.


Enough about that, onto the babies!

As usual, we've spent our days indoors due to the drabby weather. It was kind of disappointing, as temperatures rose to 55 later this week. It'd been great weather if not for the rain! Spring is on it's way and hopefully right around the corner. We need to get outdoors!
To pass the time inside, Hannah has discovered our recycling spot (under the desk in our kitchen until Daddy takes it outside) and often pulls items out to play with. Today's choice? An empty milk carton. What could be more fun?! Luckily, she hasn't learned how to unscrew the lid, but she has been working on it and I'm sure she'll figure it out soon, much to my dismay.

In other news, our laptop bit the dust. Like, completely died. We knew it was coming, so we had begun the process of backing up the entire computer a few weeks ago. Apparently, multiple RAW files (my pictures) didn't transfer to the external hard drive, so Micah spent several hours trying to transfer them. He was successful with about 95%, which isn't what I wanted to hear, but better than nothing.
He finally got the computer to work in Safe Mode with Networking, which made me happy because that meant I could use the internet. Safe Mode is extremely annoying due to the large font size on the screen, but it was enough for me to view the photography message board I'm a member of.
Wouldn't you know, right in the middle of an interesting read on the basics of compression, the stupid thing completely died. It's done. Initially I thought it was the battery. Nope. There is absolutely nothing left. I'm a little sad. This means nap time will now be spent with me sitting on the couch holding Sarah while staring at the wall. Yes!
We're considering a netbook, or simply moving the desktop downstairs, but no further decision has been made regarding this issue. To me, this issue is pressing! I can't be disconnected!!! I kid. Maybe.
Nap time has ended, so I must go. Hannah doesn't wake up happy very often.
What starts out as this
quickly morphs to this
and then back to a peaceful existance, thanks to a few books and a pamphlet on vision care.
And just a few randoms from the week:
He's a good Pap.
And the littlest one:
In the name of all things random, I'll close with a recent sunset shot.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment: