Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two.

March 22, 2009. 4:43am. 6lbs 14oz. 19 1/2 inches. Gorgeous. Perfect. A blessing from the Lord. My Hannah.

March 22, 2011. 4:43am. I'm awake, nursing Sarah. Hannah is still tucked warmly in her big girl bed. I begin to think. Two years ago today, at this exact minute, my precious girl entered the world and made me a Mama.

Today has been peaceful and sentimental. My mind has gone back to that day on several occasions. I look back in such awe at how far she's come and how much she's grown in the past two years. Two years. Where has the time gone?

We celebrated Hannah's birthday on Saturday with family and friends. It was a wonderful party and we all had such a wonderful time. Before I get too teary-eyed to type, I'll do a large birthday share, for your viewing enjoyment!

Friday night, Micah and I left Hannah with Gram and Pap and headed to the store to grab a few last minute party items. Sarah tagged along, and can I just say, she is the world's best baby?? She was so good and didn't make a peep while making our multiple stops! However, she was glad to get out of the carseat at the end of the night to spend a little time with her Pap.

We got home and immediately started decorating for the party. Micah was thrilled.


Hannah was quite intrigued with the process!


Before bed, we told Hannah that her birthday party was the next day. She stood at the top of the steps, gripping the baby gate, exclaiming, "Party! A-prise! Party!" She couldn't contain her excitement!

Saturday morning was filled with cake and cupcake decorating, cleaning, and baby wrangling. After a mishap with the original two-tiered cake, "Aunt Roof" and I got creative and put this little masterpiece together:


Isn't it cute? I can hardly take any credit for it, though. Ruth took a cake decorating class last summer. I was supposed to tag along, but morning sickness kept me at home while Ruth learned techniques such as creating icing leaves...and we took advantage of it! Thanks again, Aunt Roof! :)

Hannah hung out, curiously watching the commotion.

Before we knew it, it was party time!
Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and friends all piled into our home, ready to celebrate our girl's big day! It was splendid! Hannah couldn't contain her excitement!
Somehow, no presents were unwrapped before the alloted time. ;)

Baby Sarah enjoyed the fun from her bouncer.
Pap enjoyed some chips.
This picture so captures his personality. I love it!
Hannah loves her P-ap!

The time came for "Happy Birthdays" and cake and ice cream.


She wasn't sure at first...
...but she got the hang of it!



After dessert, it was time for presents!
She was shy at first,

but she warmed up quickly!







She got a lot of bubbles!
Both of my girls had a blast.


After a busy weekend, we're taking it slow this week. Enjoying the last few bites of cupcake and cake.

My girl is two and she knows it. She's been reminding me all day. We've been singing Happy Birthday all day, and she glows.
She's been playing with all of her new toys. I have, too! We've had a wonderful day.
Daddy will be home soon, and we'll have a little celebration...just the four of us.
It's been a wonderful day, just as it was two years ago, beginning at 4:43am.

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment